CSBC Competition at Capistrano Valley High School
- Please be sure your student gets plenty of sleep/rest Friday night.
- Please be sure your student has a solid breakfast and lunch BEFORE coming to the Band Room at call-time.
- Students are to arrive at call-time dressed (to be worn under uniforms): black t-shirts, athletic shorts, black crew socks, band shoes. (Please do not forget to bring/wear band shoes. They are mandatory.)
- Students will need to bring a band (or solid black) t-shirt and long jeans (blue or black) to be worn after the performance. They can also bring their black Dickies band jackets.
- Students can bring a sack dinner or money to buy snacks/dinner at the competition after their performance.
- If a student has to leave after the performance, please let Mr. Smith know.
It takes a village to ensure the day runs as smoothly as possible for everyone. Please continue reading important information…..
We are in need of food donations. These food donations need to be non-sugary food items such as fruit, granola bars, etc. We also need donations of water, Gatorade, and ice.
Remember we are supplying snacks and drinks for 75 people (students, Mr. Smith, and coaches). Snacks and drinks can be dropped off on Friday during rehearsal or at call-time on Saturday. We also accept monetary donations for these items.
We will need help loading the truck with equipment at North, unloading at California HS, reloading at California HS, and then unloading again at North. If you can help with any or all of these, please sign-up.
We will need help moving pit equipment, drum major podium, etc. from the staging area to the field for the performance and back after performance (same as is done for football games).
SignUpGenius is used for all sign-ups. Please click on the link below to sign-up or email me what you’d like to sign-up for.
Some things to consider for new parents & students:
– You do not need to have experience to volunteer! There will be other parents to show you what needs to be done.
– There is an entrance fee for all competitions. Each location charges a different price. I looked on the CSBC website but did not see a price for this competition. All students performing are exempt from the fee.
– If you volunteer on competition day by loading/unloading, moving equipment, etc., it’s possible you won’t have to pay the entrance fee but not guaranteed. Details will be explained on comp day.
– *Important note for unloading at North: Jerry, our truck driver, will be returning to North after the performance. He will not be staying for awards. If you sign-up to unload at North, we will send you a text message when Jerry is leaving Capo Valley. You can then meet him at North (estimated time 7:30 pm), help unload, and your job is done! This is a perfect opportunity for those who are not able to attend the competition.
– Be sure students have all uniform requirements listed above on comp day. Judges will deduct points from the show if students are not wearing the required shoes, etc.
– Students, you are going to be awesome!!!
Event Day Schedule
- 12:00pm -
- Arrive at North
- Eat breakfast and lunch before arriving
- 12:05pm -
- Load Truck
- 12:45pm -
- Load Buses
- 1:00pm -
- Leave North High
- 2:15pm -
- Arrive at Capo Valley/Check In
- 2:30 pm -
- Unload, Scope out warm up area/eat snack